Genoa: Finance and Nobility Self-Guided Audio Tour
Meet the main players of medieval Genoese aristocracy on an audio tour of Genoa. Walk along alleys, discover secret corners, and hear stories of its history as you explore the city at your own pace
Go to the website ▶
The apparent low profile of the today's city hides a past of sly and smart businessmen who had made luxury a habit, as UNESCO has discovered. If you like the unexpected, follow this Arianna's thread in the labyrinth of the Genoese alleys, around the highlights, to discover behind almost every corner secret beauties and breathtaking works of art.
You'll give a look at the main points of interest of the town with the eyes of a local who loves to share the authentic - not only the popular - and believes that a tour must be more than dates and figures: I'll take you by the hand into my Genova!
Some highlights include
• Stories of the inhabitants of the opulent medieval residences
• The interiors of Genoa’s richest church
• Hear about the first football club in Italy
• A historical confectionary shop
• Find out why a 16th century fountain is inside a department store
• Take in the splendour of the fountain in the Piazza Raffaele De Ferrari